Monday, January 28, 2013

At the end of the river is an ocean...

There is a lot more about this trip that I could share with you all (being pulled over by police, Maida contracting malaria...etc) and I will some day, but I think for now I shall end our trip with this post. This is actually all written by my mom and is the last post on her blog, so I'm actually just borrowing her words :) (all the credit goes to her). She is such a talented writer and really summed everything up well with only a few words and a very much needed pile of photos! So, here you go!



 "Since we were in country for two weeks we had lots of opportunity to spend time at the orphanage Maida was from. My daughter Gabby was allowed to tag along with Mama J almost every time she went to tend to the children and staff at the orphanage. It was an amazing opportunity for a young girl of seventeen who has the hopes of one day ministering in Northern China to the North Korean orphans who are stateless children there.

She loved the kids, and they loved her. She studied and learned a great deal of Lingala before we left and picked up a great deal more while in country. Her time with Mama J was very special to her and she hopes to do it again.
Those days were priceless for the both of us. Stronger than just mother daughter bonds we share a deep love for our Creator and the orphans he has intrusted us believers to care for. As a little girl I had dreams of traveling to Africa to spend time loving on the least of these. I had the same dream for China. My daughter Gabriella was able to walk along with me in my journey to Africa. A dream realized. And I know one day, I will walk alongside her as she realizes her own dream that God gave her of loving the least of these in Northern China. That my friends is a sweetness no hallmark card could ever convey.

Gods plans are always bigger than our own, and He begins the process long before we ever know it or ever have any say or way to foil it:) Thank goodness for that!"



 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 



After almost not being able to leave Congo, flights being canceled, and missing another flight we finally made it home! Maida Grace is no longer an orphan, but a beautiful little girl (with quite the character!) with a forever family!
 
 
We went from went from this (I do have one brother, he is just older, married now, with his own family ^^)

 
to...
 
 
This!

Trying to take a good photo of six giggling girls is quite the task!
 
We have gotten to know her so well now and so much has changed in these few short months (feels like a lifetime) since she has been home and I can't wait to share them with you!
 
 

 

Gabby




 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments: