Friday, April 26, 2013

A Lot Going On Here

Hey everyone! Here is my much needed update on everything thats been going on here lately.

So a couple of Saturdays ago my family (well three of my sisters, including Maida, my mom and I) ran a 5k to help our friends, the Weavers, bring home their little girl home from the Congo (remember Sevi's friend I told you about?)

This is most of us who made up the team. As it was in Hollywood (we dont live to close to Hollywood) we had to get up at 3:30am to make it to the race before it started at 6:00am.
 
The Weaver Family
 
Maida (who was our mascot ^^) slept pretty much the whole race

 

 
 
This was our group picture after the race. We all had a lot of fun :)
 
After the race we dropped my younger sister Tia off at my brother and sister-in-laws house to spend a few days with them and our niece (see how well shes watching her, lol)
 
          And then my niece came to our house for a few days.             

...these two certainly have fun together and like getting in trouble too. Do you see their guilty faces?
 
We also got to have some old friends come over for a catch up/music day. We had lots of fun and all went and got to watch a concert together.
 
My two older sisters (Dominique is on the left and Kat is on the right) and I used to go out together all the time, to the library (our favorite place!), the mall, or a park, but as we have gotten older we have had less oppotunities to have our girl time. The other day we were blessed with having no school or work, at the same time! So we took hold of the time we had and got to go out together 

When we moved last year from L.A. we brought all of our animals with us, one of them being our two year old cat, Tristen. We were told to keep him (he was an in door out door cat) inside for two weeks before we let him out so he could get use to the house and always know where it was. Well we kept him in for over a month, just to be safe. About two weeks after we let him out though he didnt comeback :( We loved him very much and he was such a good cat. We were all sad and heartbroken, not wanting another cat because we knew we coudn'r replace him. Well, a year later (we still miss him) my mom said she thought it was time we got a kitten again (two this time!). Meet Charlie (left) and Phoebe (right)!

After my mom and I got home from Congo we missed being there a lot and eating the food. One day when we were out and about near our home we found a small resturaunt that looked tasty. When we went inside and tried some of the food my mom and I squealed with joy. They used many of the spices and same kinds of food that they had in Congo. It has now become my mom and my new little place to eat :)


Ok last picture ^^. My mom, Tia, and Bella wanted to get out some water colors and pastels and do a craft together. I thought it was so cute I had to share! Didn't they do a good job?
 
 
Sorry everything was so random today, I just thought i'd give a little update on what going on here in our day to day life. I will try to get a post up about all the happanings with Sevi tomorrow (lots of stuff happaning there!)
Gabby


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 

1 comment:

Kim ( potstickers and pancakes ) said...

Gabby, it is a small world! Yes, that is my daughter on the Bring Me Hope site! My daughter and son went to China with them and my daughter works for Bring Me Hope and is a photographer so she makes some of the videos and pics for their site! What camp are you going to this summer and when do you leave? You will love it! Have you been to China before? I am glad you commented, I would like to hear about your trip! May God use you mightily!!! Blessings, Kim