Saturday, August 10, 2013

A Summery of My Trip to Taiwan

Never in my life thus far has the thought ever crossed my mind "I really should/want to go to Taiwan sometime soon".

(The beautiful view from my room in Taiwan)

 I had never even thought about it, I didn't know much about the country...but then the opportunity came up for me to be an intern at a leadership camp...in Taiwan...so I went not really knowing what to expect. 

(Walking out an a trail by the University I stayed in) 

As soon as I landed I knew I would love this country! 

(Hot springs) 

I loved the island feel, the people, the food. It was a different experience then my time in China. For me China (and North Korea) is a heart thing, something that nothing could replace, I just have to be there, but with Taiwan I just loved it... I can't explain the difference...neither is better, just different :) 

Getting to be with the "kids" (like I said before, I was the same age or younger than most of them) was such a fun experience. They each had their own personal and creative ideas of how our world works and how they as individuals and groups can help make it a better place.

(One of the speakers we were blessed with getting to meet and listen to) 

We also had fun and got to go out and play at the beach. 



The teachers we had on staff were a lot of fun. They had many creative and fun ways to get the kids to open up and not be shy. 

(A game we played with cards) 

:)

A few of the students from my group. Loved them! 

(My group getting ready to present their power point)

Something that I learned in Taiwan.Their bugs are HUGE!

(This one was a lot bigger than it looks!) 

I really enjoyed the while trip and I'm so glad I decided to go ahead and go to Taiwan. 




 
 
I will be back very soon Taiwan!

Gabby 

No comments: