Tuesday, August 13, 2013

A Full House and Anxious Hearts

Can you guys believe it? Three posts in two days! I'm telling you I really missed blogging while I was away ;)

As of today I have been home for about a week and a half. It feels much longer than that to me, so much is going on here. At first everything here at home felt very foreign and strange but there has been so much going on and so much that I've jumped into that I think I have just adjusted without even really noticing or making any kind of concerted effort. 

First things first, I have to share the awesome news... Almost as soon as my plane landed from Taiwan I jumped back on the bandwagon and got busy with my mom and family, trying to finish up getting things ready for Sevi (well, at least as much as jet lag would allow), getting all different kinds of medication to take with us, applying for visas... We knew we were close, we thought maybe by late october we could travel. Well, things moved a little faster! Sevi is scheduled now to have her Visa appointment next week (omigoodness!) and my mom and I just bought tickets today to travel on the 8th of September! We are so stoked I can't even tell you! Thank you Lord! 



So, what exactly are we doing in all this craze of getting ready and waiting you ask? Well...

Lets just say our house is very loud right now but our hearts are so very full.
More to come soon,
Gabby


11 comments:

Angela said...

I am so excited for you! I got a chance to meet Sevi while I was in the Congo in March getting my little girl. She is a beautifil girl - inside and out. Good luck and I'll be praying for you.

Gabby said...

Thanks so much Angela! Whose your daughter that you picked up if you don't mind me asking? I have been to the orphanage once before with my mom when we went to pick up my youngest sister last year and got to know and love the children very well.
Gabby

Angela said...

My daughter is Florantina. I'm pretty sure I saw pictures of you holding her while you were there. She is super cute (as are your sisters) and has changed and grown so much. I'll be watching your progress. :-)

Contessa said...

Congrats on getting a visa appt!!! We too are adopting from there and had an appt July 31, but we didn't have passports for our sons :(. So now we wait, but are hoping to travel that same weekend. It would be awesome to be on the flight with you. :)

Unknown said...

What exciting times for you and your family!

Anonymous said...

Just perusing Congo adoption blogs. Congrats, Sevi is beautiful!!! And I just love her name. Is it a common Congolese name? I see there is another Sevi being adopted by "Lullabies Across the Sea."

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Gabby said...

Sorry everyone for taking so long to reply, I have had a problem with my comments being published.

@Angela I deffinitly remember little Florintina. She was so cute! My mom and I just adorded here while we were there. I'm sure she has changed and grown so much. Maida has grown over five inches since being home! I hope to see some pictures of her soon :) (are you on the FB AOL page by any chance?)
Gabby

Gabby said...

@Contessa Again sorry for the late reply :)
That would be so awesome if we travled together. Are your sons in the same orphanage as Sevi? Will you be flying out of LAX? I hope and pray everything continues to go well for you in your last stages of your sons' adoption :)
Gabby

Gabby said...

@Tamara Thanks!

Gabby said...

@hoozhooz We love her name as well! It's actually the shortened version of her name, Severine, we just call her Sevi usually though. Thus far she has been the only Congolese girl/woman I have met with that name. I'm sure there is more out there somewhere though.

They are actually one and the same Sevi! Lullabiesacrossthesea is my moms blog.